Fiqus' ideals and strengths are no more than the sum of the strengths and ideals of each of its members. Each member is a vital ingredient who contributes with his own ideas and personality, whose combination results in something larger than the simple sum of them. Each member can express an opinion and is allowed to vote, therefore, decisions are made democratically and as a group. Because of this, our members’ thoughts are most important to Fiqus. We’ve built our work upon the members’ thoughts and the synergy, which is the result of the interaction between them. Fiqus disagrees with the current global model and aims for something different, something much more fair and simple, a society based on their members and not on the member capitals, where everybody feels part of it and their ideas prosper.
We thought about an analogy with a tree. We are a tree where each member is a leaf. Each leaf is a fundamental part of the tree, which makes the tree stronger and bigger. The needed water and minerals for this process are the ideals and the excitement result of trying to show we can work in a different way along with other cooperatives, showing we all are colleagues and each vote is of equal importance.
The Fiqus Growth
Our growth with respect to the quantity of members is not based on the work demand or the client needs, but the fact that the growth is controlled by the quantity of people that identify with this work style and want to join. We are strong believers in our ideals and we want people who conform to them to join and participate in the change.
Click here to see the growth of Fiqus! Each branch represents one of our associates.
In Fiqus we believe we can change the way society shapes us, because we totally identify with the cooperative values, which are:
- Mutual help: it's the actions of a group to solve common problems.
- Self effort: It's the motivation, the strength of the members of the cooperative to reach their goals.
- Responsability: the moral commitment with the associates for the accomplishment of set goals.
- Democracy: collective decision making by all of the associates, for the management of the cooperative.
- Equality: all of the associates have equal rights and responsabilities.
- Equity: fair distribution of the retributions of the cooperative.
- Solidarity: support, cooperate in the resolution of problems for the associates, their familiy and the community. Also promote the ethical values of honesty, transparency, social responsability, and commitment with the others.
- Freedom: each associate can decide by himself what he considers best for his well being and the society's.
We also highlight from the cooperative principles
, the cooperation between cooperatives, and the promotion of the formation of new cooperatives.
Change of Paradigm
For all of this we are proud of Fiqus being a cooperative; this is our way of participating in a change of paradigm. We think that the world is under a short term and obsolete idea which is not compatible with our current life style, so we act to avoid that big corporations that aim solely for monetary objectives with short term ideas take the best of everybody without retributions. This is our way of participating in the change and every day we will participate in different ways, all of this this being a result of the energy generated by each leaf of this tree. We believe in the change, we believe in people, we believe in a fair world. This belief spurs us to act and the synergy between these actions is what we call Fiqus.